Sunday, June 15, 2014

Best Laid Plans

Remember that time I was blogging every day?  Sometimes a couple times a day?  And how I was going to keep it up for the entire duration of my stay in Africa? 

That didn't end up working out.

I am sitting in Entebbe Airport in Uganda, getting ready to board our flight out of Africa.  This is the first time we've been able to access the internet in weeks (and really our first time to have electricity since we left Tanzania two Fridays ago). 

It has been amazing!  The C&S7 got off the plane and jumped right into the whole experience with remarkable aplomb and inspiring enthusiasm.  There are many many stories to share (and more than a few hilarious photos), but they will have to wait.  For now, I would just like to thank all of the amazing people who made the past 3 weeks downright miraculous, especially Fr. Shirima at AJAM, Fr. Anselm and Brother Ephraim at Tengeru, Fr. "My Man Godfrey" Manana at Lima Farm, and most especially Fr. Andrew "Babu" Shirima, our dedicated travel companion who was with us every step of the way. 

To the C&S7- Sidra, Erin, Marissa, Jordan, Allison, Nigeria, and Greg- I will never be able to convey how grateful I am to have spent this time with you.  You're all aces, and I love you.

Somebody, please remind me to update this thing when I get home.  I'm notoriously bad at blogging on US soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment